Tuesday, March 31, 2009

This crazy weather...

Just last week I was wrapped up against hail..

....Is making me act somehat crazy. I've been baking this morning, (Crazy no.1) only to find out that the oven was broken, call an oven technician, and have to REFRIGERATE MY BATTER. noooooooooooooooo. (It was already mixed). (crazy no.2=overly emotional reaction)

Crazy no.3= Did I mention what I was wearing? Yeah. um.... 40s dior.
Decided to change before the electrician called.

Anyway. The sadness of my cupcakes being postponed has pushed me into clothes watching. Having hooked-n-eyed myself into a teency weency boned corset for that thing, understandably I've been loking at more comfy options. Circa debut Alexander Wang.

Etsy.
BABOOSHKA Geometric Oversized Boyfriend Cardigan in CHARCOAL GREY
Babooshka Geometric Oversized Boyfriend Cardigan in charcoal grey

From babooshka, the "BEST OF PHILLY". An awesome designer playing with proportions in a very wearable way. ($12-90) I love the proportions...don't you? Interesting proportions, sleeves and the suchlike, can really just bridge that gap between "Immalazybetchannidunwannawearnuffinkthathurts" and just damned cool. Wonder if they ship international...doesn't say. Too cool to care. tis all in the attitude... filters into the clothes. Also the colours. Minty fresh is just right for spring... and they have some tomato red. Hm...tomato and mint salad....
BABOOSHKA Mint Jubilee Solid Cotton Paperbag High Waisted Mini Skirt w/ pockets
Again Babooshka. Mint Jubilee Cotton Paper Bag H/W Mini

Then again, the draping's all too important. Check the sillhouettes. uhmazing. Then you can be lazy as you please. Vintage is always good to look for draping. Jaymee purcell from the hands of SOS queenka's ATLANTIS VINTAGE

Jaymee papell Ruffled Dress - Atlantis Vintage

Don't you love dresses? THe utimate in laziness. always wear them around school, always get asked where I'm going. As if I need an excuse.... One piece of clothing. No coordination neccesary, except perhaps with your shoes. You can, essentially, wear just two items of clothing (One, if you're feeling scottish). It's not exactly the sunniest here in england, so I am wearing shoes with my Velvet (The brand, not the material) Jersey wrap dress,that I changed into after having decided that innet city electricians may not appreciate Me wandering around in Vintage Dior, and Vintage Dior may not appreciate oven grease.



Damn, I'm flexible.

So. Examinig dresses as the ultimate form of getting away with laziness, I present our good friend Dries Van Noten. Reduced By half to $436. I wish I had just $1 that wasn't owed to my mum for college apps/visits/train fares...
http://bygeorgeaustin.com/tep-user/i/Dries%20-%20FIEXED%20-%20Oct.%2029%20-%2054.jpg

Back to the more affordable. I don't proclaim to be much of an Ebay fiend, I can barely find a thing, if I'm honest (No patience). So, I was quite pleased with myself considering potential future hauls from Bluebird Vintage, especcially their Jumpers and dresses.... oh to be lazy and only wear one piece of clothing.



http://bleubirdvintage.typepad.com/.a/6a00e554f1ae93883301156f95d16e970b-pi

Also to watch for? Their Tweet collection of Playsuits. Rolling out s/s 09. Here's a screenshot. It's the best I can do.


But, check this dress on their Ebay store:


Hopefully I've inspired you to slob around a tad.

I'm off to see if the oven's fixed.... turrah

No comments: